Why would anyone in their right mind come to a sleepy alpine village surrounded by nothing but mountains and trees and water in all directions – and a few grizzly bears? It must be boring out here in the middle of nowhere, unless maybe… it’s one of those truly magical places that’s so inspiring it makes you want to forever abandon your everyday world, stay in this dreamland, and never return.
Actually, quite a few who now call the Kaslo area home have done that!
And while it definitely is quiet here (we know you’ll like that), boredom is a rarely used word. We make our own entertainment, including a few events and activities that draw lots of visitors from outside the area.
- Kaslo May Days & Logger Sports
- Kaslo Garden Festival
- Kaslo Jazz Etc. Summer Music Festival
- Kaslo Farmers’ & Artisans’ Market
- Pirate Day on the S.S. Moyie
- Kaslo Art Walk
- Kootenay Sufferfest
- Kaslo Fishing Derby
- Christmas Light-up Celebration
- Kaslo Christmas Faire
- Kaslo Winter in the Forest Festival
For more information
- Nelson Kootenay Lake Tourism
- Kaslo and Area Guide (a Pennywise publication)
- Kaslo and Area Chamber of Commerce
- Village of Kaslo
Continue – Facilities